Employer & Sponsor License application

Employer & Sponsor Licence

All the employers need a sponsor licence to employ someone from outside the EEA and Switzerland to work in the UK under Tier 2 and Tier 5. This includes unpaid work, such as if you run a charity.




  • Don’t have unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or certain other crimes, such as fraud or money laundering.
  • Don’t have any history of failing to carry out your sponsorship duties.



Types of Licence


  • Tier 2-skilled workers with long-term job offers
  • Tier 5- skilled temporary workers

You can apply for licence covering either tier or both.